We started out the day at Toast in Birmingham where I had my first ever Monte cristo. I've had a slight obsession with French toast lately so I figured I'd let someone do it right up in the calorie gallery :-)
My Dad took Jake go-carting a couple places and they had a nice guy bonding time. I have yet to see a photo but I know they had a great time!
I thought that a few of my friends would like to meet up on Saturday but again, since it was mothers day weekend, they had plans with their families. I ended up going out Sunday night with my old pals from TGIFridays, where I used to work 13 years ago :-) I am so happy I'm so personable and in the age of social media where I can keep in contact with people all over! When I met up with my friends, its like the conversation never stopped! I believe that is what you call awesome! There's the usual questions: so where do you live? Where does your husband work? How old is Jake? Is he in school? Are you looking forward to working again? I love all your recipes! So I am happy to have a following all over :-) it truly makes me feel connected to everybody. People can hate on social media all they want and claim it takes up too much valuable time, but guess what? It makes me happy, when I see all I have done with Jake, for myself, and our families' adventures throughout each state, it makes me feel "normal" because clearly our lifestyle is anything but; its our life!
Being an at home Mom can be incredibly lonely, but I simply cannot see it any other way. It has to be difficult for working parents, I see it every day through my husband's eyes/texts!
Wow, how did my birthday weekend a month ago evolve into this?! Anyways, I'm 31 now and welcome whatever comes my way as long as I have to friend's, near and far, to support us.
Happy 31
Happy Mother's Day Mom!
Savory waffle with unnecessary gravy...
Such a beauty!
There are no words....
'Jennuinely' happy!








Happy BIRTHDAY. Loved the shopping and I also love social media! Glad you are back to blogging!
ReplyDeleteJennuinely happy, yet another Jennism. I love it! Happy, happy day!
ReplyDelete