Today we left the condo at 7 am(!) to head towards Naples that boasted of a 2.5 mile boardwalk into part of the Everglades. I absolutely love that kind of stuff! Every time I'd peer over the border, mom and I would expect to see a gator. Well we did end up seeing one the last 20 minutes of our walk, thanks to the Audubon guides :-) I watch a lot of dark shows where people are murdered in bayou's/forests at night so I was very happy to 1) not be killed and 2) be there during the day. We saw a fishing spider that was about 8 inches long/wide on a tree that actually goes on the water to eat bugs, not the traditional web-spinner. He was the biggest thing! Oy! Then we saw a baby gator and green tree frog, along with about 20 lizards and spiders.
Look! My ass is a national monument! Haha






HAHAHAHA. Too bad you didnt see more alligators. But fun walk. I really want to get back to the Everglades.
ReplyDeleteI wish I would have known you were going there, I could have told you where to see the elusive Painted Bunting bird. He is so cool, and this is one of the only places I've seen them in. Only two places in eight years! Lovin the monument! lmao!
ReplyDelete