We've been at home for days so I brought out the construction paper and crayons and we worked on this today. I think its pretty good, but I'm his Mom. He didn't need the cheat sheet or have to run in his room to glance at the letters on the wall, so I suppose that means he's concentrating and actually learning something at school and home. He needs a little more work on the small 'i' so they don't look like people, though. Oh well, to think that last year this time he had no idea what the alphabet was, he's come a long way!
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Writing time
You know, out of all the things I've done with Jake, including places I've taken him, I've sort of neglected to give him crayons, pencils, etc. Its kind of a foreign thing for him to actually sit and draw. So since school has started and he comes home with all these arts and crafts, I've made a valiant effort to set aside time so he gets more acquainted to it. Fundamentals of learning, one would say :-). I have him write his name at least 5 times, and whatever the letter of the week is, we write the capital and lowercase several times. Since this is his phase of all things 'Transformers" I figured he would want to know how to spell his obsessions.(its also a way for him to actually DO this writing act)
We've been at home for days so I brought out the construction paper and crayons and we worked on this today. I think its pretty good, but I'm his Mom. He didn't need the cheat sheet or have to run in his room to glance at the letters on the wall, so I suppose that means he's concentrating and actually learning something at school and home. He needs a little more work on the small 'i' so they don't look like people, though. Oh well, to think that last year this time he had no idea what the alphabet was, he's come a long way!
We've been at home for days so I brought out the construction paper and crayons and we worked on this today. I think its pretty good, but I'm his Mom. He didn't need the cheat sheet or have to run in his room to glance at the letters on the wall, so I suppose that means he's concentrating and actually learning something at school and home. He needs a little more work on the small 'i' so they don't look like people, though. Oh well, to think that last year this time he had no idea what the alphabet was, he's come a long way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Its good to give him more practice time at home now that he is older but I have ALWAYS admired the way you took Jake on so many adventures.
ReplyDeleteI think it's remarkable!! I can read it and can see how well he's doing. I commend you on getting out those crayons and starting him out on "homework" which there will be plenty of in his future. It's good to get him started on working at home during an hour or so at home. LOVE that you incorporated the Transformer theme. Next maybe try Optimus Prime!! lol.
ReplyDeleteThe bottom one says optimus prime haha
Delete